Saturday, January 19, 2013

What a week

What an incredible week we have had. This week I volunteer at the first ever Camp Sonshine International Perth as an activities (craft) counsellor and I have to say it was one of the most amazing and exhausting weeks of my life. Michael was able to join in and although Zachary was just a tiny but too young he came along to help me. We all had so much fun but more importantly it was such a blessing to be a part of something so incredible. Something that made a positive impact to so many children's lives. 


Crafty Goodness

Day 1 craft: Zachary's Sand Picture

Day 2 craft: Pirate flags. Essential equipment for every pirate.
Day 3 craft: Treasure maps
Michael's treasure map

Day 3 was also all about water and aptly named Wet n' Wild Wednesday

Ready, Set, GO!
Michael holding the bottle while his team fills the bottle
Zachary helping fill the bottle

Day 4, Thursday we didn't do any craft, instead we had an amazing treasure hunt!


Being pirates for the Treasure Hunt


My little Pirate helper
 Day 5, Friday, our final day. A day of such mixed emotions, so many highs over the week but we all felt a little low about Camp being at an end. 




Day 5 craft: Telescopes for the little ones and
Michael's telescope

Catapults for the older kids


Showing 'em how it's done
This may not have been a great idea, I'm still recovering :o)

During the day the children performed the talent show items that they had been working on all week. They had worked so hard on them and they were fantastic. All different and filled with their personality. 

At the end of the day the children were collected by their parents who were invited to come and see them perform some camp songs, meet the counsellors and give the children's a chance to show off everything they had done during the week.

As exhausted as I am and although I told Louis to remind me of how shattered I was during the week I am so excited about next year and the amazing thing that are to come with Camp Sonshine International Perth 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment